Let’s be real here for a moment. Ask yourself, have you ever looked inside at the back of your laundry soap and questioned the products that go into it? Do you ever feel like you spend SO much money on laundry soap because you’ve got loads to do? Ever developed a rash from your soap and couldn’t figure out why?
If you answered yes to any of those questions or reading that made you think about any of it, please keep reading.
Today is the day you guys get to learn my holy grail recipe for laundry soap. Now, as many of you may know I am all about the naturals and knowing what goes into my products and on/in my body. Laundry soap is no exception.
This recipe contains all natural ingredients that you can understand and simple enough that you can make a 5 gallon bucket for under $10. How does that sound? This recipe price does not include the essential oil I used, they are more pricey but a little goes a long way for those!
What you will need:
2. 5-gallon bucket (get one at Home Depot or Walmart for cheap)
3. Super Wash
4. Baking Soda
5. Castile Soap *OPTIONAL*
6. Oil of your choice- I love citrus fresh or Lemon/ Lavender (Young Living, of course)
7. Cheese Grater (get one cheap at walmart)
- Use your cheese grater and grate the entire bar of soap into the bucket
- Combine 1 cup of baking soda and 2 cups of super wash into the bucket
- Add ½ of castile soap (if you choose) and your 10 drops of your favorite essential oil smell
- Get some water as hot as possible (your sink is fine) and once its hot fill the bucket and stir as you go- make sure your bar is melting and the ingredients are mixing well.
- Finally, add another 10 drops of your essential oil
- Optional: you can use a funnel and pour some of the mixture into a laundry container for easier use then refill the bucket with warm water.
This is such an easy recipe and it lasts a family of 4 almost 6 months by doing 6 loads per week. If you need an extra boost use some borax in the mix as well- roughly 1 cup will give it the extra kick you may need!
What really makes this soap is the fact that all the ingredients are things that most of you already have around your house! Tell me how you like it below and what oils you guys decided to use instead!
Join me on my Young Living Journey: CLICK HERE