Are you a writer and experiencing writers block? I can relate on a real level. I just recently overcame my writers block by doing a 30 day challenge. I am hoping it will help you as well! So kick your writers block to the curb and join me!
Sometimes we all need a nice little refresher on things, especially if your hobby/job is a creative aspect. I did this for the month of October- I can’t wait to see your answers for this!
List 10 things that make you really happy:
- My 5 fur babies
- My future
- The possibilities that I can make it without a normal job. That I could be truly happy working what I want to work. I want to write, edit photos/photography, and travel.
- Mountains. I LOVE taking it all in and looking over into the valleys, seeing nothing but beautiful skies.
- Helping when I can.
- Organize and Cleaning
- Coffee- thank the lord for coffee
- God- this should be at the top and not the bottom of my list, but I am still learning and leaning into him. I am getting there.
Write something someone told you about yourself that you never forgot:
I used to work with this gentleman named Dudley. I was struggling with some life/ job decisions at that time and the one thing that he said to me was “You are going to accomplish so much and go so far. You are a like a firecracker- when you have an idea- you go for it.” That has forever stuck in my head because to me that means the world. He believed in me so much and it really put into my mind that YES you can accomplish everything you want to do.
What are your top three pet peeves?
- Someone putting something other than a drink in the cup holders.
- Someone being constantly negative and rude.
- Someone knows they made a mess or certain things need to be done and they leave it for someone else to do it for them.
Write about someone who inspires you:
There are a few for different reasons.
- Demi Lovato: she has always been my truest inspiration for so many things. I began singing and she was one that I looked up to the most. Her range, her vocal ability. As she aged, she had some traumatic things happen in her life which made me love her even more. She overcame so much and never let anyone tear her down. She gets back up and fights. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. She is body positive and huge role model to millions of girls everywhere and I think that is awesome. She is real, down to earth, and loveable.
- Me: I know that may seem silly, but I have come so far in my own mind and life. I thought I would be a lean mean working machine like my mother, BUT I am not. I still work. But I still make time for the important things. I don’t let money control me. I am tackling my dreams day by day. Every day I inch closer to where and who I want to be.
- A girl I recently became close to: Her name is Scout and boy she’s got it all together. Or at least she let’s you know she doesn’t, but she holds her head up high and gets through anything. She has been through so much. She started me on my oils journey, and I couldn’t be more appreciative of her. I aspire to be as strong as she is. We have a lot of the same motives and goals. We both love animals and care for our fur babies as if they were our children. We get along and she is such a lovable person. A true friend and an excellent mentor. If you read this Scout, thank you for everything. Truly.
List Five Places You Want To Visit:
Five ways to win your heart:
- Being cheesy instead of constantly serious
- Bring me a coffee. Forget about everything else, flowers, chocolates, etc. Just bring me a coffee.
- Listen and help me.
- Support me. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME.
List 10 songs you love right now:
- Wow. Post Malone
- Candy. MGK
- Truth Hurts. Lizzo
- I think I’m OKAY. MGK
- Now or Later. Sage the Gemini
- Speechless. Dan + Shay
I don’t have 10 songs. I am a repeater until I get annoyed with the song.
Share something you struggle with:
Life. I am so undecisive. I can never fully make up my mind. I struggle with it so much. It makes things extremely difficult. I don’t know whether I want to move to FL or live in GA anymore. I don’t know what job I want forever. I don’t know whether or not I want to go back to college or not. I don’t know if I am doing everything right. That is my struggle. Life and everything that comes with it.
Post some words of wisdom that speak to you:
Honestly, I am super bad at reading something and remembering it but the only quote I can think of is:
“Into the mountains I go, to find my heart and lose my soul.” I adore that so much. It really puts you in the mood when you are out and about in nature. It gives you the perspective of why it’s there. Find yourself. Get back to reality.
Write about something in which you feel strongly over:
Animals. Oh my gosh I can’t say this enough. I am 110% an animal lover and I stand by them as if they were children. Humans are so selfish and in their own worlds while millions of animals everywhere are dying and suffering. We are so caught up in our wants that we tend to push away the thoughts about animals. I have a huge disbelief that we still animal test and euthanize because we are overpopulated. I am sorry, but who “decided” that, that was the case? What human thinks they have the right to decide another being’s life? They don’t. It’s because we are selfish and think we control the world.
Something you always think “what if” about?
Hiking. Man those thoughts that run through my head while we are out or on our way to a hike- it’s always the “what if” phrase. What if we slip and fall and die? What if we run into a bear? What if we get lost? I love hiking but I am all about those “what if’s”.
Write about 5 blessings in your life
- Josten. The incredible human who walked into my life when I least expected it. Who saved me from a lot of pain and hurt. Who has been nothing but almost perfect the entire time? He has come so far and I am so grateful to have him in my life.
- Papa John’s. As much trouble as this place was (hopefully won’t be again), it has given me so much. It gave me a car, freedom, financial stability, a new laptop, t.v., so many things I am grateful for.
- Writing. The ability to get my feelings/ideas out on the computer or on paper has helped me through so much. I am stronger, more alive, and free of a lot of anger thanks to writing.
- My animals. They have been my back bone and biggest supporters, mainly because they can’t talk but you get the idea.
- I actually can’t think of five so for now four will have to do.
What are you excited about?
I’m always a little cautious, but super excited for the future. That is probably what excites me the most. Thinking about the possible future and unknown.
Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching:
Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Twilight
Bullet- point your whole day:
I will do a typical work day-
- 6 a.m. wake up
- In between that and 7:20- I take the dogs out, feed the cat, get ready for work, make some breakfast, sit down and do a little bible study.
- 7:20 I head to work and grab some dunkin on the way.
- 8 I start my work day- for now
- 5 I get off and head home.
- After I tend to sit down and write a little, shower, relax, let the dogs out, feed the cats, yoga.
- I typically go to sleep around 9:30- 10
Something that you miss.
My creative aspect. I use to be way more creative: arts and crafts, scrapbooking, writing, I would write songs, etc. Now, I just seem bland. Hence why I am trying to get back into writing. Therefore my blog matters to me so much. It is my creative outlet right now. I don’t have to hold anything back.
Post about your zodiac sign, whether it fit you.
I am a Sagittarius, which is a fire sign. I tend to get along well with everyone. I also can’t seem to keep my mind on one thing. I tend to be spontaneous and super outgoing. These are all true facts about me. I try to plan, but my adventure side tends to get the best of me and I can’t help what comes to mind.
Post 30 facts about yourself.
- I am 21 years old
- my favorite color is purple/grey
- I love to write
- I love to think creatively
- I love to sing
- I love to dance
- I love the outdoors
- I am 5’1
- Chick fil a is my obsession
- I am highly addicted to coffee
- Ive got a thing for rescuing animals
- Cats are my favorite
- I have a blanket collection obsession
- I have a fear of heights
- I like for things to color match
- I’ve got an obsession with anything fuzzy
- I get cold easily
- I am a hopeless romantic
- I fully believe in the power of essential oils
- I am a nature freak
- I am a go getter
- I dream way too much
- I strive for perfection
- I hate folding laundry
- I need to drink more water
- I have a plant obsession
- I love dry erase boards and all things stationary
- Anything soft or fuzzy, I must touch it.
- I spend money on pointless things for the house I don’t have yet.
Discuss your first love:
Let’s see, my real first love? Or the one I liked in middle school? My first love that I actually consider my first love was very…outspoken, kind, but we were both young and stupid. It was more of a toxic relationship verses anything else. We were two young kids with big goals that we were never gonna achieve together. It took some traumatic things to happen to realize that. It was heart wrenching, but worth it because now we are both grown up and on the right path- just separate ways. I wish nothing but the best for him.
Post about 3 celebrity crushes:
- Ian Somerhalder
- Cody Simpson
- Orlando Bloom
Day twenty one:
What three lessons do you want your children to learn from you?
- Money rules your life, but not your happiness
- Affirmations will help you with your struggles
- Do not give up on your dreams because you will get there with hard work and dedication
Day twenty two:
Put your music on shuffle and post the first song:
Day twenty three:
A letter to someone, anyone
To my future self- Don’t ever let who you are and what you stand for change. You are can do absolutely everything you set your mind too.
Day twenty four:
Write about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way:
When tragedy strikes you learn to let it all go. Don’t hold yourself accountable for things you can’t control. I’ve been through some traumatic things like I am sure everyone has in some way, shape, or form, but you can’t blame yourself. You need to lean to someone you love, or I personally lean-to God.
Day twenty five:
Think of any word. Search on google image. Write something about the 11th image.
My word: Adventure.
As I stand at the top of this mountain, I feel utterly free. My bike in hand- just dreaming of the next step. What exactly comes next….?
Day twenty six:
Write about an area in your life that you would like to improve:
Motivation. My lack of motivation. I feel it being sucked right out of me because I work so much and come home and fall into a routine of just laying on bed.
Day twenty Seven:
Conversely, right about something that is kicking ass right now.
My love life. Yes that is kicking ass, thank you Jesus. We struggled for a while now but I feel like we are on the right page and I am incredibly thankful for it.
Day twenty eight:
Post five things that make you laugh out loud.
- Sebastian- he’s a goofball
- Youtube- I always watch youtube videos especially when I lack some motivation and the people I watch, make me laugh
- Gifs about animals
- When something goes wrong, I typically laugh because if I didn’t….i would be an angry small person.
- My dogs- they are also goofballs and make me laugh on the daily.
Day twenty nine:
What are you goals for the next 30 days?
Focus to pay off my Quiktrip card, less than 500. Stay consistent with my blog posting. Make one Young Living connection.
Your highs and lows for the month:
Still struggling in credit card debt. Barely making enough at the Shelter to save anything or even go grocery shopping. My highs: I got a new job that will give us more financial freedom. I finally started on an evening routine. Focusing more on my health.
I did NOT come up with these questions, I found it on Pinterest. Here is the photo of where I got this from. I do not own the rights to this photo and I give full credit to the creator: https://oursweetserendipity.com/ (or that is who the pin is linked to)